The Pros & Cons of Opening Your Windows With the AC On
- You can save money on electricity bills if you keep your windows open instead of running your AC all day. This is because opening the windows allows for natural ventilation, which helps cool down your house without using electricity. In the Okanagan, we are fortunate that often the nights are cool enough to open a window when sleeping. You will need to adjust the schedule on your thermostat so that your AC unit knows to come back on as soon as the day heats up!
- Opening a window also allows fresh air to circulate in your home, improving poor indoor air quality and making breathing easier.
- You can reduce your home’s humidity levels by opening the windows, making it more comfortable in hot weather.
- Keeping your windows open while running the AC may increase your energy costs as it takes more energy to cool down a house with hot air coming in from outside.
- If you live in an area with a lot of pollution or poor air quality, opening your windows could let these pollutants into your home.
- It can also be challenging to maintain a consistent temperature inside when trying to cool down a room if the windows are open.
- Finally, depending on where you live, leaving your windows open could put you at risk for pests or other uninvited visitors entering your home!
Ultimately, A1Kelowna Can Help FineTune Your HVAC
Making an informed decision about windows and AC use will help ensure that comfort and cost efficiency come together hand-in-hand! At A1Kelowna we are just a phone call away if you have questions about the best settings for your HVAC system.
Why not contact us today to schedule a maintenance service call before summer arrives?