Inflation’s hitting us and it’s time to grab a break. Let us help you unpack the government and utility company programs aimed to help your family save on your winter heating bills right now.
Where to Find Your Best Winter Heating Help
You’ll find cost-saving advantages coming from all levels of government, and from utility companies as well:
- Federal government programs
- Provincial incentives
- Local town or municipality initiatives
- Utility company promotions
Furnace Help at the Highest Level
Click here for more info on the Canada Greener Homes Grant program provides several levels of cost relief if you are looking to get back some of the dollars you have spent on an energy renovation or a new home:
- Home retrofit grants
- EnerGuide evaluation rebates
- Interest-free loans for home energy- efficiency retrofit projects
HVAC Savings Are Happening Now in British Columbia
Our BC government created the CleanBC Better Homes program to help residents learn more about energy efficiency … and to organize rebates all in one place:
- Click on this site to find their online rebate search tool for home building and renovation projects
- Better Buildings is a page designed to advise commercial construction companies
- Energy Coaches are available for rebate eligibility assessment, as it can get complicated
Information for Kelowna Residents
Locally, our municipal government has a 2022 Water Smart rebate program available for:
- Finding out more about Low-flow appliances and why they’re a good thing
- Installing Water meters for monitoring your water usage in a semi-arid climate
- Irrigation Landscaping rebates for strata and single-family homes
But What About The Utility Companies? Advantages for Your Family
BC Hydro’s PowerSmart is a great online website for energy saving tips. This is also the place to go for the latest rebate programs – these can cover many energy-efficient home products like lighting, draft-proofing, new appliances, and smart thermostats.
FortisBC doesn’t want to leave you out in the cold, either. Bundled rebates for new gas connections, new appliances, home renovations, and insulation upgrades are available. Apply for $1,000 natural gas furnace and water heater rebates through Energy Star equipment installation.
Beat the Crowd, Call the Pros
Learn about the full range of cost savings your family can enjoy. Reach out to our HVAC installation, repair, and rebate experts at A1 Heating and Air Conditioning in Kelowna. Bring your home’s furnace and air conditioning comfort to a new level, with lower costs and greater energy efficiency as well. Call us today and we can help you with a free quote and guidance on what rebates will apply.