We all have a perfect comfort zone, but what does “perfect” mean? It’s different for everyone, that’s for sure. But did you know setting your thermostat to different temperatures at different times, not only gives you that “perfect” temperature, but it can save you money, too?
In this blog post, our team at A1 Kelowna Heating and Cooling outline five reasons why taking a few minutes to set up a program on your thermostat will keep you comfortable and productive, and save money on energy costs!
- Improved Comfort: Keeping indoor air temperature within a comfortable range improves the overall comfort for occupants. That may sound obvious, but it only takes one or two degrees to make a noticeable difference in how comfortable you feel.
- Increased Productivity: Studies have shown that thermal comfort can affect cognitive performance. Working in a “perfect” temperature setting can improve productivity and output.
- Better Air Quality: Proper temperature control can help maintain humidity levels to prevent mould growth and keep other contaminants from your indoor spaces. And that results in better indoor air quality.
- Energy Efficiency: Keeping the indoor air temperature at the right level at the right time (i.e. cooler at night) can help prevent wasted energy and reduce your heating and cooling bills.
- Reduced Risk Of Health Issues: Did you know that extreme indoor temperatures, high and low, can exacerbate health conditions such as asthma, allergies, and other respiratory problems? Maintaining the temperature within a comfortable range can minimize this risk.
Bonus Tip: Regular maintenance is essential to ensure your furnace is performing efficiently and working well with your thermostat. We are happy to provide quotes for the latest technology that works with your system. These regular onsite visits once a year are great for extending the life of your equipment.
Our team at A1Kelowna can help you choose a programmable thermostat that is easy to set up – and can even be monitored from a mobile phone if you are away from your house or travelling!
For more information on maintaining that perfect indoor temperature, contact our office today to chat about thermostats, or to book an annual maintenance appointment! We can help you get the most out of your system and keep you and your home comfortable all year long.